Alfalfa Sprouts Recipe #1 – Cream Cheese, Raisins and Alfalfa Sprouts Sandwiches
You will need the following ingredients for this amazing alfalfa sprouts recipe.
• 1 pkg (250 g/1/2 lb) cream cheese, softened
• 75 ml (1/3 cup) dried currants
• 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh chives, finely chopped
• 5 ml (1 teaspoon) fresh tarragon, finely chopped
• 8 x large slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
• 180 ml (3/4 cup) alfalfa sprouts
• butter, softened
1. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add the raisins and herbs. Season with pepper. Spread the cream cheese mixture on half the slices of whole-wheat bread. Top with the alfalfa sprouts and cover each with the other slices of buttered whole wheat bread. Press the sandwiches gently together.
2. Using a bread knife, trim the crusts off the sandwiches and cut them into triangles, rectangles or squares. Garnish with cherry tomatoes on the side or with pea sprouts.
Alfalfa Sprouts Recipe #2 – Spinach Salad with Alfalfa Sprouts and Feta Cheese
• 1 lb. spinach cleaned and dried (454g)
• 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts (125ml)
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (125ml)
• 1 x royal gala apple sliced into matchsticks
• 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt (125ml)
• 2 tsp minced fresh garlic (10ml)
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (125ml)
• 3 tbsp light mayonnaise (45ml)
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard (10ml)
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (60ml)
• Juice of 1 orange
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 3 tbsp sunflower seeds to garnish (45ml)
1. In a medium sized bowl whisk all dressing ingredients together starting with the yogurt.
2. Cover and let stand in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours to allow the flavour to develop.
1. In a large bowl toss the spinach together with dressing. Add the remaining ingredients and top with sunflower seeds. Serve immediately.