Rice Paper Rolls with Snow Pea Sprouts and Vegetarian Meat
This nice light appetizer is a great start to any meal. For the following dish you will need:
- 1 cup of snow pea sprouts
- 500gm vegetarian meat fillet
- 270 gm packet rice paper sheets
- ½ Chinese white radish (peeled and cut in to 8cm *1cm strips)
- 200gm packet green tea noodles (boiled and strained with cold water)
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut into 8cm *1cm strips)
- Ponzu sauce
- 4 tablespoons of sweet soy (thick)
- 4 tablespoons of mirin (sweet rice wine)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees (10 minutes) then roast the vegetarian meat for 5-10 minutes depending on its thickness. Remove from oven and cut to check that it is warm inside. Allow to cool.
Arrange a bowl of lukewarm water, a damp tea towel the rice paper sheets, strips of radish, cut strips of pork, strips of carrot, snow pea sprouts and the noodles.
Place into the water one sheet of rice paper, when soft place on the tea towel, add all ingredients horizontal in the centre of the circle, ending with the noodles.
Fold the left side over the fillings and using the bottom of the circle roll it all up. Repeat this until fillings are exhausted.
To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients, and stir together.